- Review the “National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards” (http://www.nacvcb.org/) website. Focus on the Program Directory and State Links section. Locate different crime victim compensation programs throughout the United States.
- Select one crime victim compensation program in the United States.
- Search the Internet or visit the “Directory of International Crime Victim Compensation Programs” (https://ovc.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh226/files/publications/infores/ServingVictimsAbroad/directoryinternational.html) website to research a foreign country’s victim compensation program.
- Select a foreign country’s victim compensation program and compare it to the compensation programs in the United States.
Post a response to the following:
- Describe the United States and foreign compensation programs you selected.
- Explain the differences between the two programs.
- Explain how at least one component of the foreign country’s program might be applied to programs in the United States and/or in your home state. Be specific.