Scenario: You are applying for a job. This particular employer has a special task for job
applicants that they use to identify those who have a good working knowledge of Microsoft
A. Using your own words (no quoting/copy/pasting from other sources), write a cover letter for
your potential employer using the prompts below to show your knowledge of Microsoft
B. Type your answers in a Word document, using the following APA style requirements: New
Times Roman, 12 point, double spaced, with 1 inch margins on each side.
C. Use full sentences when answering all prompts. Proper grammar and spelling are expected.
Remember: first impressions are very important.
D. Put your six digit student ID# in a header at the top of the document and also at the end of
the name the Word file name: Gen Ed MIS 1903 FA19 ID123456.docx. Do not put your
name on this assignment – only your ID#.
Introductory paragraph: Answer the following to provide a starting point to your cover letter.
1. Name the job you are applying for (this is up to you, but choose something realistic).
Body: For each of the four programs you have learned this semester — Word, Excel, Access,
and PowerPoint — write one paragraph for each program which answers all of the following:
1. Identify each program and describe what it is normally used for.
2. Name at least two positive attributes of this program and explain why they are positive.
3. Explain how this program is useful for either educational or business purposes.
Concluding paragraph: Answer the following to wrap up your cover letter.
1. Name the career you are currently working toward as a college student and how it relates to
the job you are applying for.
2. Name the program (or two) you expect to use the most in your future career.
3. Name two specific tasks you expect to use that program for in your future career.
4. Explain why the particular program(s) is/are best suited for the expected career tasks.
You will submit through Blackboard (no emails