Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the following articles:
- Catalyzing Marketing Innovation And Competitive Advantage In The Healthcare Industry: The Value Of Thinking Like An Outsider
- Advanced Practice Nurses: Developing A Business Plan For An Independent Ambulatory Clinical Practice
- 5 Reasons Innovation Fails: What Leaders Must Do First Is Reset And Retrain. Building An Innovative Healthcare Organization Takes Time And A New Look At Skills
For your capstone project, you are developing a health care business concept and producing a screencast video presentation that describes your business. The screencast video needs to capture you, with web camera turned on, presenting a PowerPoint that covers the criteria of the project. For assistance in creating your PowerPoint presentation, see the AU Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.). Use one of the following programs to record your screencast video presentation.
- Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.)
- Zoom (Links to an external site.)
For tips on making a professional video, review the Filming a Video that Demonstrates Professionalism (Links to an external site.) resource.
Capstone Project-Business Plan
You are planning to create a health care business such as a clinic, home care business, adult day care center, IT or management consulting firm, a small store selling medical supplies or other healthcare related business. Develop your business plan in terms of the criteria listed below. Then create a PowerPoint presentation that promotes your health care business. Finally, record a screencast presentation of yourself, presenting your PowerPoint presentation.
Step 1: The Business Plan
In your Capstone Project: Business Plan,
- Describe the mission, vision, nature of your business, services and/or products, stakeholders, and customers of your business.
- Assess the competitive environment of your business (e.g., culture/social, legal/regulatory, economic, technological, and/or competitive factors) along with your major competitors.
- Identify local, state, and federal regulations or other ethical concerns in relation to your business.
- Formulate your key marketing strategies to promote your services/products.
- Create your HR plan with projected positions for the first year of your business.
- Develop a 1-year budget plan with an estimate of how much money will be required to establish your new business, and justify how you will finance your venture.
Step 2: The Presentation
For your Capstone Project: Business Plan video presentation,
- Create a PowerPoint that presents the required criteria of your business plan.
- Design your PowerPoint so that it promotes your health care business.
- Produce a screencast video that presents your Capstone Project: Business Plan.
- Develop a transcript of your video presentation.
The Capstone Project-Business Plan Video Presentation with PowerPoint:
- Must be 7 to 10 minutes in length.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Ashford University
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must be formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must use at least seven scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.