Please read the following chapters that describe how information can be used strategically, which is the topic for this week’s paper:
- Chapter 2 – Data Governance and IT Architecture Support Long-Term Performance (PowerPoint)
- Chapter 3 – Data Management, Big Data Analytics, and Records Management (PowerPoint)
Watch the following videos on Michael Porter’s Five Forces model:
- Video and article: What are ‘Porter’s 5 Forces’ (Links to an external site.) explains Michael Porter’s five forces model.
- The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy – YouTube (Links to an external site.)
- How Does Google Make Money? (Links to an external site.)
Note: See Week 1 Resources for another video on Porter’s Five Forces
- Review Chapter 1 and the videos above describe Porter’s Five Competitive Forces model. Use the search term “information sharing in a supply chain” to find 2 peer-reviewed articles from academic journals or an authoritative source (includes and author knowledgeable on the subject and publish date or article) about the use of information in supply chains or value chains.
- Write a summary of each article and explain how the use of information in each article relates to Porter’s Five Competitive Forces model.
- Discuss how information can be used strategically, based on the example(s) in the articles.
- Your paper should be in APA v7 format and 3-4 pages, not counting the title page and reference pages.
- Make sure you have in-text citations and a reference page. Since articles are to be peer-reviewed from academic journals they should include and author and have a date published. Use the WilmU library to search for articles.
- Direct quotes of information should be used minimally in papers this short. Direct quotes should support the point of view being made in the paper and should be thoughtful. Papers with large amounts of copied information or quotes will lose significant points. Read the articles and write summaries in your own words.