In a one page summary, answer the following questions:
1. What factors are driving the spike of so many unaccompanied children arriving at the U.S/Mexico border?
2. What countries are these unaccompanied children coming from, and what are the age groups of these children?
3. What does the article suggest is the reason children are arriving at the border without their parents? How many unaccompanied children has the United States removed between 2014 and 2019?
4. What happens when an unaccompanied child arrives at the U.S. border and what are the conditions of the detention facilities the children are held in?
5. Republicans argue President Biden has encouraged illegal immigration by rolling back former President Trump’s immigration policies. President Biden counters the migrants are coming because things are so bad in their countries. What is the Biden Administration’s plan in the long term, and what do you think should be done about the spike in unaccompanied children arriving at the border?