Discuss the mix of skills that a member of the executive management team in an international hotel, or other leisure service provider, needs to be effective in the role. Describe a 10-year development program for a young aspiring manager that would help them to develop the essential skills.
In this exercise students will demonstrate that they can:
Identify appropriate sources of information for an academic paper
Synthesis ideas and materials from different sources
Use appropriate written grammar and sentence structure
Provide appropriate APA style in-text references for ideas and materials drawn from the literature
Write an accurate list of references in APA format.
Specifications for the literature review:
- Length: 1,500 words (+/- 10%) (not including the list of references)
- There should be a minimum of 6 references from refereed academic journals. Do not use dictionaries (hard copy or online).
- The style should be ‘academic report’ using sub-headings to guide your reader to the important sections (see the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management or the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management for examples).
- Page 1 should have your name and the question only. Start the assignment on page 2.
- You do not need an abstract for this exercise.
- A clear introductory statement should explain what the literature review will cover, why it is important, and how it will be structured.
- The source of all information used in the report must be referenced using APA format.
- Use 12 pt Times New Roman font
- Work should be double spaced (or 1.5 space)
- Pages should be numbered on the top right corner
- Do not use bullet points or lists
- This assignment will be submitted electronically to the link provided on the subject iLearn page.
#HRTM12204 #Contemporary #Issues #Hospitality #Tourism #Management