Mr. Smith, a 60 year-old man with coronary heart disease, experienced frequent bouts of angina pectoris. One day while moving a piece of heavy furniture, he experienced excruciating pain over his left chest. He began sweating heavily, became short of breath, and then collapsed. He was transferred to the emergency room at a nearby hospital. Mr. Smith’s EKG was diagnostic of myocardial infarction. A coronary angiography was performed and an occlusion was found in a in the descending branch of the left coronary artery. Intravenous drugs were administered to dissolve the clot that was causing the obstruction. His cardiologist informed him that some of his heart muscle had died as a result of the myocardial infarction.
1. Discuss the risk factors for a myocardial infarction.
2. As per your analysis, what type of cell injury did Mr. Smith sustain and why?
3. Differentiate between reversible and non-reversible cell injury.
4. Discuss the pathophysiological changes that occur during a myocardial infarction.
5. Correlate the subjective and objective findings of a myocardial infarction with the disease
Refer back to the interview and evaluation you conducted in the Topic 2 Family Health Assessment assignment. Identify the social determinates of health (SDOH) contributing to the family’s health status. In a 750-1,000-word paper, create a plan of action to incorporate health promotion strategies for this family. Include the following:
- Describe the SDOH that affect the family health status. What is the impact of these SDOH on the family? Discuss why these factors are prevalent for this family.
- Based on the information gathered through the family health assessment, recommend age-appropriate screenings for each family member. Provide support and rationale for your suggestions.
- Choose a health model to assist in creating a plan of action. Describe the model selected. Discuss the reasons why this health model is the best choice for this family. Provide rationale for your reasoning.
- Using the model, outline the steps for a family-centered health promotion. Include strategies for communication.
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA