As future clinicians, it is important to have a good understanding of autism spectrum disorder symptoms, best practices for treatments, and to be aware of the common forms of misinformation about the disorder.
Create an 8-12-slide PowerPoint presentation about autism spectrum disorders. Include or address the following in your presentation:
- Title slide
- Indicators (red flags) to look for in a child in regards to autism spectrum disorder
- The age at which providers and parents should start to look at possible diagnosis, treatment, and rationale
- The types of therapy used in early interventions and referrals
- The types of therapy done with children
- The types of therapy done with parents
- The best prognostic factors and how early diagnosis and early intervention assist with strengthening those factors
- What is currently known about the causes of autism
- Detailed speaker notes that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person
- A reference slide with a minimum of five scholarly sources.